Checklist: How Much Emergency Food Do I Need?
This is a guide to quickly gain an overview and find a solution that meets your personal needs.
2 important questions in advance:
- How many people should be covered?
- How long should the hedging period be?
Basically said there are 3 essential topics:
FOOD / WATER/ ENERGY
Here the available energy (calories!) is of central importance. To survive, 1’000kcal per day is sufficient. Emergency food packages include 1’800 to 2’000kcal per day. The actual consumption depends strongly on the human performance. If, for example, heavy work is performed, even more than 3’000kcal per day may be necessary.
Our online store offers a calorie calculator which appears in the browser “top right” as soon as the first product is moved to the “shopping cart”. The calorie calculator helps to estimate your needs more easily.
Selection of ready-made packages at a special price:
- Classic (Nutrition for 1 person/1 month)
- Family Offer (4 monthly packages)
- Extra Package
- Milk/Egg/Butter large (Combination of Milk Powder / Whole Egg Powder and Butter Powder)
- Grain Package (Whole spelt grain/roller barley/oat grain/golden millet)
- Protein Package vegetarian (Lentils Green/Chickpeas/Red Beans)
- Carbohydrate Package (Wheat Flour/Macaroni/Risotto Rice / Potato Stick)
- Bread Package (Hand Operated Grain Mill/Whole Spelt Grain/Dry Yeast)
- Vegetable Package 1 / Gemüsepaket 2 (Pepperoni red/Corn Grains/Peas green/String Beans/String Beans/Vegetable Mix/Cauliflower)
- Fruit freeze-dried
Selection of complete solutions (Food incl. technical aids like water filter, emergency stove etc.):
- Complete Solution BASIS
- Complete Solution ECO
- Complete Solution GOURMET
- Complete Solution LUXURY
- Complete Solutions EXKLUSIV
- Complete Solution MAXIMA
In addition to a good water supply, we recommend a water filter for drinking water treatment from various water sources (stream/river/lake etc.). There are different models of filters in all price categories. The price is basically dependent on the filter performance and the materials used.
We recommend at least one cooking possibility independent of electricity.
There are various “emergency stoves” available, which are operated with different fuels (gas/petrol/diesel/clean petrol/petrol/wood).
For this purpose you need sufficient fuel for the period of time defined by you.
- Link: Various emergency stoves (gas / petrol / petroleum)
- Link: Dutch Oven-Fire Skillets-Tripod
- Link: Storm Can
- Link: Firemaking (tools to make a fire)
- Link: Petrol Lamps
Stay informed about new products and news via our newsletter!
You can easily order online or make an “Emergency food consultation” in Wald (Switzerland) or Rielasingen (Germany). We will gladly take time for you and work out an offer according to your needs. Of course we will also be happy to advise you by telephone.